The Undergraduate Viterbi Awards

Posted: May 30, 2016, 2:21pm

During the week of graduation, the Viterbi School of Engineering threw a dinner honoring undergraduates who displayed exemplary leadership, service, academics, and research during their time at USC. Because her parents couldn’t make it for this event, my good friend Archana Bettadapur invited Stephanie and I as her substitute parents! We even got nametags that had her last name tacked onto our full names! Needless to say, we were VERY proud when she won the first annual Viterbi Award for Outstanding Research.

Throughout the night, there were numerous awards for all aspects of student life. There were a few emphasizing high GPAs, a couple for minority students in engineering, and some for outstanding senior design projects. Every department had several major-specific honors as well. Stephanie and I both attended this same dinner last year when we were seniors. It was crazy coming back again as graduate students! Time really flies – I cannot believe it has been a full year already. Congratulations again to Archana and all the other seniors who got recognized for their work!

Last updated on July 27th, 2017