USC Night at Dodger Stadium

This week, I got to go to USC Night at Dodger Stadium with some of my PhD friends for free!! Every year, Viterbi purchases a block of tickets for its doctoral students and I luckily got my hands on a few of them. The stadium was much less crowded than when I went to the Dodgers versus Giants game a few weeks ago with my brother and his girlfriend, but the atmosphere was still very fun and exciting. Our game was against the Miami Marlins and we ended up losing; however, I’m glad I got to spend some time with my friends and just relax. Dodger Stadium is a LA classic, and I would never pass up an opportunity to go!

Before the game, we had dinner at Pho 87, located down the hill at the edge of Chinatown. For pho and Vietnamese food, I usually go to Golden Deli, which is close to where I grew up, but Pho 87 is a pretty close second. If you like soup, rice noodles, and egg rolls, I highly recommend this spot! The manager is super nice and always gives you extra lime, sauce, and soup if you ever take your leftovers to go! Just thinking about it makes me hungry.