USC Trustee Conference

July 27, 2017

Posted: April 10th

Over the weekend, I was fortunate to be a panelist at the annual Trustee Conference, which USC hosts every year for the Board of Trustees. Although I was only there at the Terranea Resort for one day, I was able to meet many of the approximately 60 voting members. Over breakfast and lunch, I talked to David Dornsife, Michele Dedeaux Engemann, Ming Hsieh, Ken Klein, John Mork, Amy Ross, Mark Stevens, Glorya Kaufman, Andrew Viterbi (the namesake of our engineering school!!) and more. I could have charted out the entire USC campus with these names – they have all made significant contributions to the university, both in terms of funding buildings and creating student programs.

The panel I was a part of was titled “Incubating New Ventures” and it was led by Dr. Andrea Belz, the director of Innovation Node – Los Angeles and a faculty member of the Viterbi School of Engineering, the Iovine and Young Academy, and the Marshall School of Business. The other panelists were from a range of majors and class years, and all have been involved in the entrepreneurship field. I’ve learned a lot from each of them and am excited about their ventures. Attending this conference has been a wonderful experience – I hope to have this opportunity again in the future!

Published on July 27th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017