Posted: June 9, 2016, 2:35pm

Before I started lab work for the summer, I spent a weekend in Las Vegas with my friends from undergrad.  Although I have been to Vegas many times before with my family (my mom attends an expo there every October with my uncle’s company), this was my first time exploring the city with just my group!  All six of us stayed in a room at The LINQ near the north end of the strip and the High Roller Ferris wheel. I flew into Vegas straight from San Francisco and the Napa trip and went straight to Gordon Ramsay’s BurGR.  That meal kicked off the weekend right! We hung out at the pool for most of the morning/day and played a lot of blackjack throughout the afternoon.

On Saturday night, we got to see The Chainsmokers at the JEWEL Nightclub at ARIA! I’m definitely not into the whole DJ and EDM scene, but it was free for girls so I couldn’t turn this opportunity down.  I only knew three of their songs but they mixed in a lot of other hits so it was still incredibly fun.  They even brought out Lil Jon for little bit.  Now that I know a promoter, I’ll hopefully be able to see more artists in Vegas in the future!