Viterbi PhD Hooding Ceremony

Posted: May 30, 2016, 2:32pm

The day before commencement, all of the graduating PhDs in the Viterbi School of Engineering were hooded in their own ceremony! All 200 graduates got together and walked early in the morning in Bovard Auditorium. Although no one was graduating from my lab, I still knew several other candidates who were walking, so I attended with some of my friends. My student mentor for my third rotation in Dr. Meng’s BioMEMs laboratory (picture above) received his hood and diploma that morning and I couldn’t have been happier or prouder of him.

Other than the few BMEs and one Materials Science student I knew, my good friend and the 2015-2016 President of the Viterbi Student Graduate Student Association also walked! Anthony also received the Best Dissertation Award for the Astronautical Engineering Department. It is truly incredible how he was able to balance full-time work, research, and student government leadership at the same time. I can’t wait to see all of my other friends walk in the next few years!!