A Weekend in Napa Valley

Posted: May 30, 2016, 3:01pm

Because most of our family was in town for my brother’s graduation, my mom and dad decided to celebrate their 50thbirthdays a few months earlier with everyone who was already here in California. We all met up a few days after Brian’s commencement ceremony in Napa Valley where we took over 3 suites at the Westin Verasa. While we were there, we ate tons of incredible food and learned a lot about the winemaking process. During one of the tours, we stopped at a private vineyard owned by Barry Waite, a previous employee of Apple! His property was gorgeous and it was interesting hearing about his transition from the tech field to opening a winery.

Because going on a hot air balloon ride has always been on my mom’s bucket list, I organized a trip for everyone who wanted to go (all 12 of us!) for my parent’s birthday gift. It was gorgeous seeing the other balloons and the vineyards below during our hour-long ride. The whole experience was wonderful because everyone was able to fit in one basket and enjoy the views together. Hopefully we’ll be able to go again! I have my eye on the Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival!