Coldplay Concert, Rosebowl 2017

October 16, 2017

October 6th:

That night was the most magical night of my life! I was blessed to have the opportunity to attend Coldplay’s concert in Pasadena. Exactly a year back, when Coldplay had their concert in Rosebowl stadium, a lot of my seniors had attended this concert. That’s when I had decided that if this concert were to happen again, I would not miss it for the world!

The first opening act was by Alina Baraz. I’ve never heard of her before but she definitely has a voice of an angel. The second opening act was by Tove Lo. I’ve heard couple of  her popular hits like talking body and habits and I love them!! Coldplay started performing at around 9 pm. Honestly, I thought that the concert would end at 9 pm but I was shocked when the person seated next to me told me that they’re going to start super late. The same thing had happened last time.  So instead of complaining, I was talking to people around me and making some new friends. A lot of them were UCLA students and there were so welcoming. After what seemed like an eternity, Coldplay finally started performing! I was initially very annoyed but when all the lights in the stadium were turned off and our xylobands were turned on, I couldn’t complaint! It looked like I was surrounded by hundreds of stars. This is exactly how it looked:

They played a lot of songs from their new album and some other popular songs. Everyone was singing along with the band and I didn’t even realise how 2 hours went by. Chris Martin is so good at engaging the audience and making everyone of them feel special. The fireworks, the balloons and the confetti just took the concert to a whole new level. The way the band was moving around on the stage and Chris Martin’s unlimited energy was very impressive. Every minute at the concert was perfect and definitely a dream come true for me!!!

For more pictures from the event, check out my instagram account.

Published on October 16th, 2017

Last updated on April 1st, 2021