ARCS Foundation Luncheon 2017

November 29, 2017

Posted: November 29, 2017, 10:23pm

The 2017-2018 Viterbi School of Engineering ARCS Scholars with GAPP Admin.

This year, the Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation Los Angeles Founder Chapter hosted the 2017-2018 Scholar Recognition Luncheon at the beautiful Bel-Air Country Club. Having been an ARCS Scholar the year prior, I had the chance to see some of the other students and donors I had met before and reconnect with them. During the opening reception, select researchers from the participating institutions – California Institute of Technology, Harvey Mudd College, Pomona College, UCLA Brain Research Institute, Keck School of Medicine of USC, and USC Viterbi School of Engineering – presented their findings through posters around the hall. I learned more about high temperature superconductivity, how to track near-earth asteroids, the use of nanoparticles in drug administration, and more!

During lunch, each school’s dean spoke in depth about his or her respective scholars and the fields they’re pursuing. I was incredibly impressed at the diversity of subjects and the students themselves – it’s comforting to know that people are still investing in and supporting college researchers in the science, engineering, and medical fields. I am so grateful to be one of them because in addition to gaining more financial stability, I now have an incredible network of others who are deeply concerned about healthcare, technology, and the advancement of science. I’m excited to continue my affiliation with ARCS and will certainly give back in the future. I can’t wait to meet more of the LA Chapter members at the Spring Gala!

Published on November 29th, 2017

Last updated on April 1st, 2021