Campfires and Marshmallows

December 5, 2017

Boston Take 4!

One of the best parts of being on the East coast for summer is being able to go camping! That’s exactly what I did with three of my friends who were interning with me at Philips. I really wanted to visit Maine as I have heard the most beautiful things about it. But since Maine did not work out, I ended up going for camping in a region in Cape Cod, which is like a hook-shaped peninsular region of Massachusetts.

We were all set to camp out the night but the weather decided to play around with us. It started to rain when we left Boston. We were hoping that it would stop raining once we would reach the campsite and oh yes, it did stop raining. Because of the unpredictable weather, we did not rent out a tent. Instead, we booked a camping cabin in the campground.

We reached the campground with lots of food and marshmallows after all camping is incomplete without S’mores! The campground also had a mini golf area, which was super fun to play in. We also made tasty guacamole and had it with chips and some wine. The most fun part for me was lighting the campfire since this was my first time camping in the woods. I was very excited! After successfully lighting the campfire it was time for some S’mores. That was super fun too, trying to roast the marshmallows without burning them and getting the melted sticky marshmallows all over your hand. Oh, it was fun! We took a walk in the woods and danced the night away.

The following morning we decided to drive all the way down to the edge of the hook, which was Provincetown. It was a fun road trip with great music and amazing friends to keep company. We visited a few beaches in Provincetown and spent a couple of hours there before heading back to Boston. The drive back to Boston was a long six-hour journey but with countless memories. 

Published on December 5th, 2017

Last updated on December 5th, 2017