A Small Glimpse of VidCon

July 23, 2019

Earlier this month, my brother took me to the tail end of VidCon, an annual conference highlighting all genres of online video. Created for people who love online content, VidCon is the largest of its kind at the moment – over 30,000 viewers, creators, and industry representatives attended in 2017!

Since my brother works within the growth and marketing space at his own company, he routinely interacts with these video influencers who make income running advertisements in their content. These creators can be found on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, and more.

Throughout the conference, there are performances, signings and photo sessions, hands-on training, keynote lectures, product demonstrations, industry panels, and more. In the evenings, companies often sponsor events where creators and industry representatives can mingle and connect with one another. My awesome brother was able to get passes for us to Studio71’s creator party at the Anaheim House of Blues!

That night, I saw many YouTube stars, ranging from the Try Guys to the OG Timothy DeLaGhetto. We even passed by the guy who went viral for singing Chocolate Rain! Although I’m not a mega fan of any of these creators, it was fun seeing them in person rather than through a screen. I probably won’t ever pay for an experience like this, but it was definitely fun since it was free!

Published on July 23rd, 2019

Last updated on April 1st, 2021