Cheering On the Los Angeles Football Club!

August 17, 2019

Founded just four years ago, the Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is our city’s professional soccer team that competes in the Western Conference of Major League Soccer (MLS). While I had grown up in the area hearing about the LA Galaxy, all the talk these days is focused on the LAFC because of their incredible first season last year. In its debut, LAFC had the best regular season for an MLS expansion team and finished second all-time in goals scored by an expansion team in a season! We even scored a playoff spot!!

After hearing about their successful start from my family and friends, I knew I had to stop by and watch a game. Last week, a group of us went to see them play the New York Red Bulls at the Banc of California Stadium in Exposition Park. It was a wonderful summer night for an outdoor stadium experience. The fan section, known collectively as “The 3252”, was incredible energetic throughout the entire game. I was probably watching them as much as I was walking the soccer players themselves!

LAFC ultimately beat the Red Bulls 4-2, which was the best way to end the night. For my first professional soccer experience, this was absolutely perfect. I’m sure I’ll be back soon for another match! GO LAFC!!

Published on August 17th, 2019