About the Program
The University of Southern California-Viterbi School of Engineering is proud to present CSU@USC Visitation Day!
This program will take an overall look at the engineering graduate school experience. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with current students, faculty, and staff, and will walk away with an understanding of the lifecycle for Masters & PhD programs in engineering and computer science. Our goal is to share a practical understanding about the value of pursuing graduate education and provide pathways and tools tailored for CSU students to achieve their academic and professional goals.
When: Friday, September 29, 2023
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Where: University of Southern California, Michelson Hall (MCB) 1002 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the benefits of an advanced degree
- Learn the difference between doctoral programs and master’s programs in engineering and computer science
- Gain knowledge on how to prepare and apply to graduate school
- Acquire communication tactics that can support graduate school applications as well as professional endeavors
- Discover how to fund graduate education
- Receive resume and interview tips
- Engage with current engineering graduate students, faculty, and staff
- Find out about summer research opportunities
- All students currently enrolled in the Cal State University (CSU) system
- We encourage students majoring in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or physical sciences (biology, chemistry, physics) to join. Students outside of STEM are also welcome to join to learn more about our interdisciplinary data science programs
- Interest is particularly encouraged from students who are Black/African American, Latino/Chicano American, and Native American
Individuals with disabilities who need accommodations to attend this event may contact Juli Legat (email@example.com). It is requested that individuals requiring accommodations or auxiliary aids such as sign language interpreters and alternative format materials notify us at least seven days prior to the event. Every reasonable effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations in an effective and timely manner.
Travel grants are available for a limited number of CSU participants traveling from select universities. If you are traveling from one of the universities listed below, you will be contacted with further instructions.
TRAVEL GRANTS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
CSUs Eligible for Travel Grants
|California Polytechnic State University, Humboldt||California State University, East Bay||California State University, Stanislaus|
|California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo||California State University, Fresno||San Diego State University|
|California State University Maritime Academy||California State University, Monterey Bay||San Francisco State University|
|California State University, Bakersfield||California State University, Sacramento||San Jose State University|
|California State University, Chico||California State University, San Marcos||Sonoma State University|
CSU@USC Day is Friday, September 29th
registration is now closed
DIVERSITY AT THE VITERBI SCHOOL
As a premier engineering institution, the USC Viterbi School of Engineering takes pride in its shared responsibility for developing high-achieving, diverse graduates who are fully representative of our pluralistic society and can tackle the ever-evolving needs of the global community. With our world-class professors, rich academic programs, and stellar student services, we are dedicated to supporting and mentoring this next generation of exceptional engineers. We believe that engineers, as multicultural and diverse as the world they design for, who are lifelong learners, and with a bounty of talent are best prepared to advance technology with social and environmental responsibility. Therefore, the USC Viterbi School of Engineering strives to be a leader in this pursuit to engineer a better world for all humanity.
Questions? Contact Juli Legat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on February 14th, 2020
Last updated on September 21st, 2023