CSU at USC
The CSU@USC event has been postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you!
About the Program
The University of Southern California-Viterbi School of Engineering is proud to present the first annual CSU at USC visitation day!
This program is designed to take an overall look at the engineering graduate school experience. Participants will be exposed to the many Master’s and Doctoral opportunities available at USC Viterbi. Ultimately our goal is to build stronger partnerships and connections with our neighboring Cal State University schools and students!
USC Viterbi will cover the cost of parking on campus for the duration of the program. Car pooling is highly suggested!
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the 13 Doctoral programs and over 60 Master’s programs at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering
- Acquire insight on how graduate school can aid in your future goals
- Gain knowledge on how to prepare and apply to graduate school
- Interact with current graduate students, faculty, and staff in the Viterbi School
- Find out about summer research opportunities at the Viterbi School
- Benefit from special presentations and workshops by USC Viterbi faculty and staff
- Participate in tours of the USC campus, and research labs
- MUST Currently attend a Cal State University System School
- Students must be currently majoring in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or physical sciences (biology, chemistry, physics)
- Interest is particularly encouraged from students who are Black/African American, Latino/Chicano American, and Native American
9:30 – 10:00 Check-in & Refreshments
10:15 – 11:00 The Value of Advancing Your Education
11:15– 12:00 Lab Tours
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch with Current Students & Administrators
1:00 – 1:30 I Want to Go to Graduate School! Where do I Start?
1:30 – 2:30 Campus Tour/CED – or – DEN@Viterbi Tour/CED
2:30– 3:30 Ok, I’m going to Graduate School! What’s Next!?
USC Viterbi will provide a limited amount of travel grants for students that wish to attend the event but are located over 100 miles away. Please complete the application below if you are interested in a travel grant.
DIVERSITY AT THE VITERBI SCHOOL
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering takes pride as a preeminent engineering institution in sharing the responsibility of producing high-quality and diverse graduates fully reflective of our pluralistic society to fulfill the 21st century technical workforce needs of this country and the global community at large. Through our world-class faculty, rich academic programs, and stellar student services and mentoring resources, we are committed to attracting, retaining, training, graduating and placing outstanding men and women students from all backgrounds and demographic sectors of our multi-cultural, diverse world. Engineering professionals that are life-long learners and equipped with a diversified skill set are best suited to discover, integrate, and adapt to new knowledge and experiences dynamically and effectively as the technology, culture, and needs of the global society continue to evolve. The Viterbi School strives to be a national and international leader in their quest.
Questions? Contact Kevin Henry at email@example.com.