- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Biomedical Engineering (Medical Imaging & Imaging Informatics) is a unique degree that prepares you for a career in biomedical imaging, image processing and medical imaging informatics, including Picture Archiving & Communication Systems (PACS). This degree will prepare you for a career in any of the following:
- Medical imaging and health information industry
- Military healthcare system
- General healthcare industry including hospital enterprise, HMO, and private enterprise. The MSBME program is also suitable for you if you intend to continue in graduate school or medical school.
- Healthcare entrepreneur
- Medical school
Topics covered include PACS application servers; digital-based tele-consultation with medical images; PACS-based CAD, informatics infrastructure of micro CT, MR, and PET; image-based neurosurgical Comm and Module; PACS simulator, image security in HIPAA environment, bone age assessment from a hand digital atlas; homeland defense strategies; medical simulation and modeling; data grid for image data disaster recovery; Cyberknife information system for brain tumor treatment, DICOM-based radiotherapy information system, and much more.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 29 units is required for the MS in Biomedical Engineering (Medical Imaging and Imaging Informatics) degree
- Required Courses: 23 units (7 Courses)
- Elective Courses: 6 units (2 Courses)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation