- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
A region’s physical, economic, and social structure is fundamentally tied to its transportation system. The field of Transportation Engineering focuses on the planning, design, construction, management, and performance of these vital systems. Transportation systems consist of facilities, vehicles, control mechanisms, technology, and policies that combine to permit the efficient transit of people and freight. The MS in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering) program offers students an opportunity to acquire special academic depth in several aspects of this exciting field.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 27 units is required to earn the MS in Civil Engineering – Transportation Engineering degree
- Required Courses: 21-24 units
- Technical Elective Courses: 3-6 units (elective courses must be pre-approved by a department advisor)
- At least 18 units must be at the 500-level or higher
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation