- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Civil Engineering (General Option) offers a broad education covering several specialty areas of Civil Engineering.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 27 units is required to earn the general MS in Civil Engineering degree
- A minimum of 18 units from the following four areas: Environmental Engineering and Water Resources, Construction and Transportation, Structural Engineering, and Geotechnical Engineering (a minimum of 3 units and a maximum of 6 units from each area)
- Additional courses (up to 6 units) may be selected from Civil Engineering courses or disciplines related to Civil Engineering with the consent of an advisor
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation