- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
Designed for students with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science but a limited background in computer science, this comprehensive, 37 unit program combines an introductory sequence of undergraduate preparatory and foundational coursework with all the graduate breadth requirements necessary to satisfy the traditional MS in Computer Science.
Note: Students admitted to this program are not able change to another program in computer science but may take electives from any computer science area.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
View the slides from a previous webinar that discusses the MS in Computer Science (Scientists & Engineers) program:
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 37 units (33 degree applicable units) is required for the MS in Computer Science – Scientists and Engineers degree
- Preparatory Programming Requirement Course*: 4 units
- Foundational Requirements Courses*: 8 units
- Core Requirement Courses: 4 units
- Elective Courses: 21 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- A maximum of 8 units may be taken from approved 400-level courses in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (excluding CSCI 455x); the remaining units must be approved courses at the 500 or 600 level
- Only one doctoral (600-level) course can be counted in the degree
* The programming requirement and foundational requirements must be completed at USC and cannot be transferred in or waived.Detailed Program Curriculum and RequirementsSchedule of Classes