- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering/Master of Business Administration dual degree program is for students who want an extended graduate program with depth in both business and engineering.
Normally, earning two such degrees would require completing at least 84 units of courses and as many as 93 units, depending on the amount of coursework relevant to both programs. This special dual degree option requires 66 units to complete.
Students must apply separately to the Epstein ISE Department and the Marshall School of Business. Students must be admitted to both programs in order to pursue the dual degree option.
International Students: This program is not eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- The total number of combined units required for the entire program is 66.
- The total number of units required for the M.B.A. portion of this program is 48.
- Required GSBA courses include: all courses required in an M.B.A. core program and graduate business electives sufficient to bring the total units completed in the Marshall School of Business to at least 48.
- Dual degree students may not count courses taken outside the Marshall School of Business toward the 48 units.
- Required ISE courses include: ISE 514, ISE 515 and ISE electives from Systems Design, Information Systems, and Quantitative Methods areas of study.
- Possible ISE elective courses include: Systems Design Area - ISE 525, ISE 527, or SAE 541, Information Systems Area - ISE 580, ISE 582, or ISE 583, and Quantitative Methods Area - ISE 532, ISE 536, or ISE 538.