- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
Normally, earning two such degrees would require completing at least 84 units of courses and as many as 93 units, depending on the amount of coursework relevant to both programs. This special dual degree option requires 66 units to complete.
Students must apply separately to the Epstein ISE Department and the Marshall School of Business. Students must be admitted to both programs in order to pursue the dual degree option.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- The total number of combined units required for the entire program is 66.
- The total number of units required for the M.B.A. portion of this program is 48.
- Required GSBA courses include: all courses required in an M.B.A. core program and graduate business electives sufficient to bring the total units completed in the Marshall School of Business to at least 48.
- Dual degree students may not count courses taken outside the Marshall School of Business toward the 48 units.
- Required ISE courses include: ISE 514, ISE 515 and ISE electives from Systems Design, Information Systems, and Quantitative Methods areas of study.
- Possible ISE elective courses include: Systems Design Area – ISE 525, ISE 527, or SAE 541, Information Systems Area – ISE 580, ISE 582, or ISE 583, and Quantitative Methods Area – ISE 532, ISE 536, or ISE 538.
|Spring 2018 (scholarship consideration)||August 31|
|Spring 2018 (FINAL)||September 15|
|Fall 2018 (scholarship consideration)||December 15|
|Fall 2018 (FINAL)||January 15, 2018|
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average)
- Satisfactory GRE test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
- Students must apply separately to the Epstein ISE Department and the Marshall School of Business. Students must be admitted to both programs in order to pursue the dual degree option. These requirements are related to the ISE department admissions process only.
Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
GRE General Test: Satisfactory and valid test scores. Valid GRE scores must be dated within five years of the start of the intended application semester. The fall semester starts in August, and the spring semester starts in January. Official scores must be reported from ETS directly to USC using ETS school code 4852. A department code is not required.
Letters of Recommendation (3 Highly Recommended): Letters of recommendation should be from faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study.
Statement of Purpose (Required): The statement of purpose should describe succinctly your reasons for applying to the proposed program at the Viterbi School of Engineering, your preparation for this field of study, study interests, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study.
English Language Proficiency: In addition to the general admission criteria listed above, international students whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination to be considered a candidate for admission. There is no minimum TOEFL or IELTS score required for admission to the Viterbi School. For possible exemption from additional language requirements, you must achieve an Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90, with no less than 20 on each section or an IELTS score of 6.5, with no less than 6 on each band score. For more details on English Proficiency Criteria for the University of Southern California, please visit USC Graduate Admission – Proficiency in English.
The following is an overview of the tuition & fees for graduate engineering students. Both on-campus and DEN@Viterbi students pay the same tuition.
Per Unit Rate
|Fall 2016 - Summer 2017|
|Fall 2017 - Summer 2018|
|Mandatory Fees (approximate)|
Fall 2017: $450
Spring 2018: $400
Fall 2017: $646
Spring 2018: $1,170
|Norman Topping Student Aid Fee|
|ENGR Computing Access Fee|
$40 - $100 per course