- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
As of September 7, 2021, the GRE exam is not required.
The MS in Engineering Management program (MSEMT) is designed for students with undergraduate degrees in engineering or related sciences to prepare them for management responsibilities. As an MSEMT student, you will learn how to lead technology projects as well as manage teams, engineering functions, and companies.
In addition, you will gain an understanding of the economic decision making processes. More than just theory, the MSEMT program offers real-world examples provided by instructors who have years of relevant industry experience, covering topics such as technology creation, management of invention, information systems, managerial accounting, and quantitative methods.
This is also a suitable program to help prospective technical entrepreneurs understand the enterprise creation process.
NOTE: This program is appropriate for students from all engineering disciplines and does not focus specifically on Industrial & Systems Engineering.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 30 units is required to earn the MS in Engineering Management degree.
- Minimum number of units from ISE department: 18 units
- Minimum number of units at the 500-level or above: 21 units
- Elective courses: 12 units (These four courses should be chosen to form a coherent program. Consult and receive approval from an ISE graduate advisor before enrolling in elective courses.)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required for graduation
Published on July 6th, 2017
Last updated on September 8th, 2021