- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
As of September 7, 2021, the GRE exam is not required.
The MS in Industrial & Systems Engineering (MSISE) program is designed for engineers and related technical professionals aspiring to achieve the highest levels of responsibility and leadership in the workplace. As an MSISE student, you will be broadly educated in all aspects of technical enterprises.
The MSISE program is excellent preparation for industrial engineering program graduates who want to acquire substantial depth with respect to industrial engineering methods and the theory of the firm. This degree is also relevant if you are a graduate from another technical area and intend to leverage your existing skills toward the pursuit of responsibility for the profitability and growth of your organization.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- Required courses: 12 units
- ISE elective courses: 9 units
- Advisor-approved elective courses: 9 units
- Minimum number of units from the ISE department: 18 units
- Minimum number of units at the 500-level or above: 20 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required for graduation.