USC Viterbi School of Engineering's Partnership with The National GEM Consortium
The The National GEM Consortium’s mission is to enhance the value of the nation’s human capital by increasing the participation of underrepresented groups (African Americans, American Indians, and Hispanic Americans) at the master’s and doctoral levels in engineering and science.
The University of Southern California-Viterbi School of Engineering has a long standing partnership GEM that aims to assist this dynamic organization in meeting these goals. Viterbi recipients of the GEM Fellowship are some of the nations top performing students in math, science, and engineering.
Meet Current USC GEM Fellows helping to build a diverse Viterbi community, while paving the way for future GEM Fellows!
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
Master's Program Requirements:
- Must be a senior, or graduate of an accredited engineering, computer science, math, or hard science program.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0.
- Must contractually agree to intern for two summers with sponsoring GEM Employer, beginning the Summer after sponsorship.
PhD Program Requirements:
- Must be a senior, master's student, or graduate of an accredited engineering, computer science, math, or hard science program.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.0.
- Must contractually agree to intern with a GEM Employer member the Summer immediately after sponsorship.
USC does not require the GRE for any engineering graduate programs.
Questions about the GEM timeline? Please visit the site below for a month-by-month description of the GEM process:
Interested in learning more about the GEM experience? Click the link below to hear from current GEM fellows as they share their journeys:
Published on January 27th, 2022
Last updated on December 13th, 2023