- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The graduate certificate in Transportation Systems is an interdisciplinary program administered by the Department of Civil Engineering. The certificate program allows students to specialize in transportation applications, while simultaneously receiving a degree in their home department. The certificate in transportation systems combines elements of transportation engineering with transportation policy, planning and project management. The program is especially appropriate for students intending to pursue careers as developers of transportation technologies, or as implementers of technologies within government agencies.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 17 units is required to earn the Graduate Certificate in Transportation Systems
- Required Core Courses: 17 units
- Program prerequisites may be satisfied after enrollment in the certificate program by taking the indicated courses or their equivalent. Graduate students cannot receive credit for courses numbered below 400
- The courses taken for the certificate may be applied later to the M.S. in Civil Engineering – Transportation degree
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation