- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Computer Science provides intensive preparation in the concepts and techniques related to the design, programming, and application of computing systems. Students are provided a deep understanding of both fundamentals and important current issues in computer science and computer engineering so that they may either obtain productive employment or pursue advanced degrees.
The MS in Computer Science program requires the student to take a broad spectrum of courses, while simultaneously allowing for emphasis in desired areas of specialization.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
>Interested in Computer Science but do not possess a Computer Science background? Please consider our MS in Computer Science – Scientists & Engineers program.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 28 units is required for the general MS in Computer Science degree
- Required courses: 12 units
- Computer Science (CSCI) Elective Courses: 12 units
- Additional Elective Course: 4 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- A maximum of 4 units may be taken from approved 400-level courses in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; the remaining units must be approved courses at the 500 or 600 level
- Only one doctoral (600-level) course can be counted in the degree
- Only one non-CSCI course can be counted in the degree