- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
This 17-unit graduate certificate is jointly sponsored by the Epstein Industrial and Systems Engineering Department and the USC Price School of Public Policy (Master of Health Administration program), and administered by the Epstein ISE Department. This certificate is designed for students with bachelor’s degrees in applied social science, engineering or the sciences, who are interested in operations management and health care applications. The courses taken for the certificate may be applied later to the Epstein ISE Department’s Master of Science in Engineering Management degree or the USC Price School of Public Policy’s Master of Health Administration degree subject to approval of the appropriate academic unit.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- Required Courses
- ISE 507 Six-Sigma Methods and Applications Units: 3
- ISE 508 Health Care Operations Improvement Units: 3
- PPD 509 Problems and Issues in the Health Field Units: 4
- PPD 513 Legal Issues in Health Care Delivery Units: 2
- PPD 517 Concepts and Practices in Managing Health Care Organizations Units: 2 or PPD 514 Economic Concepts Applied to Health Units: 4
- PPD 557 Modeling and Operations Research Units: 4 or ISE 530 Optimization Methods for Analytics Units: 3 or ISE 562 Value and Decision Theory Units: 3