- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The Graduate Certificate in Digital Oilfield Technologies is designed for practicing engineers and scientists who enter petroleum engineering related fields and/or who wish to obtain training in specific oilfield technologies related to digital oilfields.
Students who begin the certificate as Limited must apply and be Admitted to the program prior to enrolling in their fourth 3-unit course. A special Graduate Certificate is issued upon completion of the coursework.
International Students: This program is not eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 12 units is required to earn the Graduate Certificate in Petroleum Engineering (Digital Oilfield Technologies) degree
- Required core courses: 12 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- Some deficiency courses may be required
- Courses taken for the Graduate Certificate may be applied to the MS or PhD in Petroleum Engineering programs if the student is admitted into MS or PhD program