- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The Graduate Certificate in Petroleum Engineering (Unconventional Resources) is designed for those with degrees in Petroleum Engineering and related fields who wish to develop expertise in modern tools and technologies to characterize reservoirs and to exploit unconventional resources.
International Students: This program is not eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 12 units is required to earn the Graduate Certificate in Petroleum Engineering (Unconventional Resources) degree
- Required core courses: 12 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- Courses taken for the Graduate Certificate may be applied to the MS or PhD in Petroleum Engineering programs if the student is admitted into MS or PhD program