- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
As of September 7, 2021, the GRE exam is not required.
The Graduate Certificate in Petroleum Engineering (Unconventional Resources) is designed for those with degrees in Petroleum Engineering and related fields who wish to develop expertise in modern tools and technologies to characterize reservoirs and to exploit unconventional resources.
- This program takes 1 year to complete
- This program is not eligible for the OPT STEM extension
- A thesis option is not available for this program
- Chat with a USC Viterbi Graduate Student Ambassador
- Visit our Profiles Page to learn more about our students and alumni
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 12 units is required to earn the Graduate Certificate in Petroleum Engineering (Unconventional Resources) degree
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- Courses taken for the Graduate Certificate may be applied to the MS or PhD in Petroleum Engineering programs if the student is admitted into MS or PhD program
Published on July 6th, 2017
Last updated on September 8th, 2021