Letting Loose at the Viterbi Ball

November 3, 2015

My friends and I went to the Viterbi Ball this week and had a ball! The Viterbi Graduate Student Association (VGSA) organized this Halloween-themed party. A lot more people dressed up in costumes than I expected and some really went all out. I saw Wolverine, Captain Jack Sparrow, Superman, Catwoman, and many others. For my costume, I borrowed my roommate’s hat and gave myself a creative title – Lady Mary from Downton Abbey. A couple of my friends who are also avid fans of the British TV show appreciated it, and considering my costume was low-key, that was good enough for me.

The ball was held on campus, and was free to attend, and had a DJ and dancing. We went in about an hour after it had started so most of the food was gone. However, we took advantage of the photo booth, strobe lights and ghoulish decorations. Catering to the graduate crowd, the DJ played many international tunes, including Bollywood. After finishing my last midterm this week, it was time to let loose on the dance floor! It’s so much better spending time dancing with friends than being hunched over homework assignments together.

Apparently this is an annual event, but it was my first time going and it turned out to be a lot more fun that I thought it would be. Hats off to VGSA!

Published on November 3rd, 2015