How to Spend Winter Holiday in LA

December 12, 2015

I should be studying for finals but I started thinking about all of my post-finals holiday plans and decided to blog instead. I’ve always gone home for the holidays or traveled, but I pondered what I would do if I were in LA for 3 whole weeks…here are some ideas I had:

• Exploring LA never gets old.

Unlike most of the nation, Los Angeles is a city where you can roam outside and not freeze even in December. Thus, going to restaurants, bars, Griffith Park, or even the Hollywood Bowl (outdoor concert venue) are all great options. For once, you and your friends don’t have to plan hangouts around assignments and tests.

• Study for next semester.

If the thought “Seriously. Are you kidding?!” is going through your head right now, good. Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.

• Volunteer during the holidays.

The spirit of giving is upon us! Here are just a few amazing ways to give back to the community –

• Holidays from the Heart– Help the families of children suffering chronic illnesses with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA)
  • Combat Hunger – Donate your time packaging, or distributing food with the LA Food Bank
  • Help the Young– Fulfill the wishes of children between 2 and 18 with life-threatening Illnesses with the Make-a-Wish Foundation
  • Help the Elderly– Provide warm meals to the elderly who can’t afford good food or who need to see a friendly face in the Greater LA area with Meals on Wheels
  • For more ideas, CBS LA has a list

Happy Holidays!

Published on December 12th, 2015