School is back!

September 6, 2016

It’s been two weeks since classes started and the fall is in full swing! It’s exciting to be on campus again, catch up with friends, and see all the trademark USC construction developments that happened over the summer.

The Glorya Kaufman School of Dance building is officially completed. It towers over the other buildings on West 34th Street in a good way and has a castle-like resemblance. The Michelson Convergent Biosciences building has made solid progress on McClintock. The road is closed off to cars currently and therefore, Uber drivers can’t use that street. Keep that in mind when using the Uber app for campus related rides.

One thing that surprises me is the Biosciences building has a concrete-looking exterior. Is that for structural support, perhaps for earthquake safety? I thought most buildings were made of wood. Maybe that will be the exterior of the building when it’s finished? Wouldn’t match the rest of the architecture though. Time to find a civil engineer.

I’ve also found the most fragrant flowers on campus – they’re next to the Annenberg building and Illy Café. Maybe I never paid attention before, but they certainly caught my olfactory receptors last week.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to sharing with you, my readers, everything from my new classes, the research my friends (and maybe me) are working on to reminiscing about the summer. Cheers!

Published on September 6th, 2016

Last updated on January 20th, 2021