Balancing Netflix & Books!

Posted: October 31, 2016

When you’re a graduate student and not swimming in assignments, you usually just go to sleep or hang out with friends! I on the other hand, the greedy woman that I am, would want to do 10,000 other things as well and stress out at the end that nothing is ever happening right. I am an avid reader and love reading classics. I read Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Emma, Charles Dickens’s A Tale of Two Cities at least once every year among many others but these two happen to be my favorite and it has become some sort of tradition since I was 12.

I have read many editions, different publications of these books and I must say I feel like I infer something different everytime I read them, I discover something new. This amazes me and gives me an incentive to keep reading it over and over again. When I came down to LA, one of the things I missed was my books and how they were the first thing I had woken up to over the past 15 years. So when Barnes & Nobles started to dish out collections of classics for 20$ a book, I didn’t stop myself! Believe me, I have about 6 editionso Pride & Prejudice at home, 3 different publications of ebooks and it’s still not enough somehow. Classics do that to you, my friend.

Also, in the midst of all this I discovered the wonderful, amazing gem of a show that happens to be ‘Gilmore girls’. I love the banter between the mum and daughter, the sarcastic humor, the love between them making me miss my mother even more every single day and I absolutely cannot stop watching it. I wish there were books for this series too 🙁 well, you can’t have it all. Now adding to this list is my returned love for Monopoly Deal – boy that game is addictive. Do order it on Amazon and believe me it relieves stress and is a brilliant game.

Phew! Quite a bit huh? It’s okay, I’m as brave and strong as Elizabeth Bennet I believe (I wish!) trying to do it all and keeping myself from watching Netflix. A student’s life sure is tough 😉