Dinner at the Blue Bayou

Posted: December 12, 2015, 8:00am

To celebrate the end of our time as Disney Annual Passholders, my family and I finally had a chance to eat at the infamous Blue Bayou, the restaurant located inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.  Ever since my brother and I were very little, we have always wanted to eat there, but it was difficult to coordinate a good reservation time with a spontaneous trip.  Because of our season passes this year, however, we had more stability and knew that we could go almost any weekday or weeknight.  We were able to book a table the week before by going directly to the hostesses at the front (much easier to find open spots this way than by looking online!).  Although we had to dash over to Anaheim from USC after a workshop to make our reservation, we made it exactly on time and got seated right away.

I always knew that the Blue Bayou was extremely expensive, and based on the quality of the other non-snack meals at Disneyland, I automatically assumed that the food here would also be mediocre and overpriced.  I was terribly wrong.  Every single item, from the gumbo, to the surf and turf, to the salmon was absolutely delicious.  In fact, the lamb chops that I ordered were probably the best I have had in my life.  Crazy, right?  The prices at Blue Bayou are not unlike the steakhouses and higher-end restaurants around Los Angeles, and for that environment (being inside a ride at Disneyland!!), I think it is well worth it.  If you are planning a trip to “The Happiest Place On Earth” and want to treat yourself to a nice dinner, make a reservation to the Blue Bayou right away!!