Kanye’s Saint Pablo Tour

July 28, 2017

Posted: November 21, 2016, 10:47am

On October 25th, my brother and I went to the last show of Kanye West’s Saint Pablo Tour in Los Angeles. He had a total of 5 shows at The Forum, and played an assortment of hits from throughout his career. Unlike his previous concerts or other those of other artists, this one did not have any openers. He just came on all of a sudden at around 9:30pm with an 8:00pm listing. The atmosphere was pretty incredible from the get-go: there were smoke machines going, and the floor was basically just a mob pit full of anxious fans. When he started singing and dropping down on his floating stage, we all went crazy.

As much as I dislike his arrogance and his need to present himself in a god-like manner, I actually love most of his music. He played his greatest chart-toppers from all of his albums, as well as most of his most recent one, The Life of Pablo. I was hoping for a few guest artists, particularly Chance the Rapper or Frank Ocean, to make a surprise appearance, but Kanye probably wanted to keep all the attention for himself. I don’t know if I’ll keep supporting him, especially after his recent ramblings about running for presidency or his opinions regarding this past election, but this was a pretty fun night! Glad to have spent it with my brother.

Published on July 28th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017