Master of Art

Posted: March 8, 2017, 10:52am

Last year, I had been to an art gallery (in India). Just out of pure curiosity and to humor the inner child in me who had no clue about what it would be like but to enjoy the whole experience nevertheless.

So the art exhibition portrayed none other than the great M.F. Hussain’s works. I was so ecstatic when I entered to see the colors dancing across the walls playing themselves into becoming beautiful figures. I went from painting to painting and I realized that every artist has his own sense of style. Wow! I felt like I was witnessing a part of his soul. It was one of the most overwhelming experiences I’ve had of late.

Most of them constituted horses, women, goddesses; a few caught my eye, they told mythological stories and I had understood then the brilliant work of detailing in each. You had to recognize the elements to understand the story of each painting. The beautiful depictions of the strength of women was evident in many. Her role as a mother made me catch my breath, there were two women, one painted in a yellow veil holding a baby and the other in a white veil protecting a grown child with her veil. It shows the true nature of a mother who never ever thinks even once to protect her child no matter what.

Not only this, most of his artwork were so strong in their own way. You have to witness this to understand it.

If you ever do feel like, take a break from the cafés, the pubs and go visit an art museum/exhibition, the feeling which you get is one of a kind 😀