Taking Care of My Pup

Posted: July 6, 2016, 1:01pm

Two weeks ago, my family and I decided to have two bumps on my dog’s back removed because one of them was getting extremely big very quickly. We got Tarzan, a Yorkshire Terrier and our second dog, when I was in 8thgrade. I still remember when we first brought him home. I was in the middle of a history test in school when my teacher came up to me and told me that my mom was here to take me to a doctor’s appointment. I was confused because my mom didn’t mention anything to me that morning, but I decided to roll with it anyways. Turns out, two of my aunts and my cousin were there to take me out of school to go puppy shopping with them. Of course, I bonded with this little pup and we ended up getting two – one for my cousin, and one for my family!

Naturally, my parents were a bit surprised (yeah, we didn’t ask them before we got him), but they quickly fell in love with Tarzan as well. He’s a lot older now, but he seems to be doing well with his recovery. I’ve been back home a few nights a week to spend some time with him, and he is acting like nothing even happened. He just looks like a Frankendog. Hopefully his hair grows back soon!