President Nikias’ Student Leaders Holiday Reception

January 10, 2018

Posted: January 10, 2018, 4:32pm

The 2017-2018 Graduate Student Government Executive Board at President Nikias’ Home in San Marino.

Before winter break, Niki and Max Nikias, the President of USC, invited many undergraduate and graduate student leaders to their beautiful home in San Marino to celebrate the semester and mingle with each other. Although many of my friends had visited before for Thanksgiving, this was my first time touring the President’s house. Under a huge tent in the back yard, all of the students involved in student government, student organizations, sports teams, fraternities and sororities, and residential halls ate together while listening to President Nikias tell the story of the nutcracker. Almost all of the graduate students there were my fellow Graduate Student Government (GSG) executive board members, so I spent most of my time meeting undergraduate leaders and campus administrators.

Many of GSG’s advocacy initiatives and programming span students of all ages, backgrounds, and fields of study, so it was our goal to strengthen relationships with other organizations who were interested in making our vision a reality. We have worked closely with Undergraduate Student Government (USG) so far this year, and we hope to team up with Residential Student Government (RSG) on their Cardinal & Gold events in the future. I hope more graduate students from other graduate groups can come next winter! Being a part of student organizations outside of research has been so fulfilling and fun for me, I can’t wait to continue serving on GSG next year.

Published on January 10th, 2018

Last updated on April 1st, 2021