Discover LA: Must Do Hike Trails

May 19, 2018

Dear Reader, welcome to my blog!

A must see when you are in California are the natural beauties; especially if you are an outdoor enthusiast. LA is mostly known for the touristic attractions but according to hikepeak.com there are over 175 trails in Los Angeles! Presenting wonderful ocean, city or fascinating natural formation sights.

I have not explored many trails here yet. I certainly plan to do so in my upcoming free times. So, I gathered information on some of the most recommended trails around Los Angeles that I found interesting. Here are the trails that I would like to share with you:

Sandstone Peak: Hike to the tallest mountain in the range (Santa Monica Mountains) for  the biggest (and amazing) Pacific ocean & Santa Monica Bay View. (6-mile)

Temescal Canyon: Follow this steep trail to see stunning coastal views, strange rock formations and seasonal waterfall.

Bridge to Nowhere:  Take an adventurous round trip hike that follows and crosses a river (be ready to walk in the water). Arrive at an abandoned bridge with a peculiar history.   (10-mile)

Los Liones Trail To Parker Mesa: Delivers you one of the  most spectacular coastal views in LA through a peaceful hike in a lush setting from the Pacific Palisades into Topanga State Park to the top of Parker Mesa.

Malibu Creek State Park: Whether you want to do rock climbing or an easy leisurely hike Malibu State Park  is your spot.  It has much to offer from rivers, lakes and wonderful geology to filming sites.

Mount Baldy: Challenge yourself to the highest point in Los Angeles & San Gabriel Region (3rd highest in Southern California) through this exhausting and leg-busting loop route.  (11.3-mile)

Santa Anita Canyon: According to Casey Schreiner, founder of Modern Hiker; this is the most beautiful canyon in Southern California. Hike among the beautiful wilderness featuring two waterfalls including 50-foot Sturtevant Falls. Moreover, you can also find camp sites and junctions to longer trails. (9.5-mile)

Check out the sources below for more recommended trails and hiking information in LA!

Hikespeak: https://www.hikespeak.com/los-angeles/best-hikes-in-la/

Modern Hiker: https://modernhiker.com/best-hikes-in-los-angeles/

Well, it is out this region but one must also visit Yosemite National Park, Joshua Tree National Park and of course the Big Sur while in California.

Thank you for reading my blog! See you in a future post.

Published on May 19th, 2018

Last updated on April 1st, 2021