- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
As of September 7, 2021, the GRE exam is not required.
Students with an interest in the characterization, selection and processing of engineering materials, and in materials problems related to engineering design, may work toward a MS in Materials Engineering.
This degree is awarded in conformity with the general requirements of the Viterbi School of Engineering. Students may elect to work for this degree in either the Materials Science or Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering departments. The specific courses that constitute an acceptable program must be approved in advance by the administering department.
- This program takes 1.5 - 2 years to complete
- This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension
- A thesis option is available for this program
- Chat with a USC Viterbi Graduate Student Ambassador
Visit our Profiles Page to learn more about our students and alumni
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 28 units is required for the general MS in Materials Engineering degree
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
Published on July 10th, 2017
Last updated on September 27th, 2021