- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
Students with an interest in the characterization, selection and processing of engineering materials, and in materials problems related to engineering design, may work toward a MS in Materials Engineering.
This degree is awarded in conformity with the general requirements of the Viterbi School of Engineering. Students may elect to work for this degree in either the Materials Science or Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering departments. The specific courses that constitute an acceptable program must be approved in advance by the administering department.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 27 units is required for the general MS in Materials Engineering degree
- Materials Science Courses: 18 units (must be approved by department)
- Elective Courses: 9 units (must be approved by department)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation