- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Civil Engineering (Water and Waste Management) is part of the Sustainable Infrastructure Systems program which prepares students for immediate and effective participation in the modern infrastructure workforce through a common core that includes smart-system design for sustainable infrastructures, the societal and regulatory context of infrastructure engineering decisions, and construction management.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 28 units is required to earn the MS in Civil Engineering – Water and Waste Management degree
- Required Courses: 15 units
- Elective Courses: 13 units (elective courses must be pre-approved by a department advisor)
- Two-thirds of the units must be taken at the 500-level or above
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation