- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The GRE is not required for Spring or Fall 2023.
The MS in Computer Science - Computer Security is a program created in response to a direct need specified by both industry and government. This unique degree highlights courses relevant to the practice of computer security research, development and deployment, and the secure operation of computer systems. Topics include development of systems that enforce security; cryptography and statistical analysis of attacks; and implementation and management of systems that depend on security technologies for correct operation.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 32 units is required for the MS in Computer Science - Computer Security degree
- Required Courses: 20 units
- Required Elective Courses: 8 units
- Elective Courses: 4 units (topics must be pre-approved by an advisor)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- A maximum of 4 units may be taken from approved 400-level courses in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Published on July 10th, 2017
Last updated on September 15th, 2022