- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
As of September 7, 2021, the GRE exam is not required.
The Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering in conjunction with the department of Petroleum Engineering offers a program leading to Master's degrees in both Petroleum Engineering and Engineering Management. The program is designed for engineers whose career objectives lead to increasing technical management responsibilities in the field of Petroleum Engineering.
- This program takes 2.5 years to complete
- This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension
- A thesis option is available for this program
- Chat with a USC Viterbi Graduate Student Ambassador
- Visit our Profiles Page to learn more about our students and alumni
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 45 units is required to earn the MS in Petroleum Engineering / MS in Engineering Management dual degree
- Some Petroleum Engineering deficiency courses may be required
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation