- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Computer Science – Data Science provides students with a core background in Computer Science and specialized algorithmic, statistical, and systems expertise in acquiring, storing, accessing, analyzing, and visualizing large, heterogeneous and real-time data associated with diverse real-world domains including energy, the environment, health, media, medicine, and transportation.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
View the slides from a previous webinar that discusses the MS in Computer Science (Data Science) program:
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 32 units is required for the MS in Computer Science – Data Science degree
- Required Courses: 12 units
- Group Elective Courses: 9-12 units (minimum of one course from each of two groups)
- Additional Elective Courses: 8-11 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
- A maximum of 4 units may be taken from approved 400-level courses in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; the remaining units must be approved courses at the 500 or 600 level